[Northkeep] road to Gulf

April Chipman agillilan at swbell.net
Wed Mar 8 06:38:51 PST 2006

I would heartily recommend that you *not* go that direction. I went to
Gulf Wars via that route one time a few years back and IT WAS ABSOLUTELY
HORRIBLE! It's a two lane highway with no shoulders, lots of small
towns, and lots of other people driving really slow. The road is so
curvy and hilly that it's impossible to pass other vehicles. If you get
at all car sick I wouldn't recommend this route for that reason alone.
This route may be the shortest, but, IMO, it definitely isn't the
fastest or the easiest.

I recommend going down through McAlester, OK and Paris, TX, then on to
I-20 east across Louisiana and into Mississippi.

Gilyan