[Northkeep] wife swap episode

Cody Chezem bolverk187 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 12:18:06 PST 2006

Well that show seeks out abberations to start with. I know they are looking for extremes because in thier mind that makes good TV. Yeah so what we are bit on the edge. We do alot of great things and keep some ideas alive that are sorely lacking today and we have a little fun too. So many people I know now because of what we do are my family and many more are my friends. It is sad that the small minds can not look past what they think is strange to what it is really all about.

  Thorvald

"Horn, Trisha D." <tdhorn at saintfrancis.com> wrote:
  That's what I found disturbing, also. Through the magic of editing (or
maybe not), it portrayed the family as fearful of the 21st century, very
isolated and one-dimensional. Anyone who was possibly thinking of getting
into reinacting in general or the SCA in particular would be thinking twice,
I'm afraid, of looking goofy and more than a bubble off plumb - although WE
already know we're marching to another drum (probably from the Hafla). :)

Raghnailt (the no-cell-phone-carryin' Scot)