[Northkeep] Waterbearing Supplies and other such business....

Loralei loraleiriney at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 11:12:27 PDT 2006

Greetings,

Having worked several years on the courtesy corps for the BArony of Sundragon as well as the
Kingdom of Atenveldt ( for Estrella and many other smaller events)  where citrus allergies as well
as other allergies were known...

Using hot soapy water is more effective for cleaning items to control contamination.
Unless you have power sprayer and use a significantly diluted bleach /water mixture...you have the
following problems..

There is a film from the belach water twhich remians on the utensiles....there is possibility of
there being essence of lemon within the belach as well as those with citrus allergies also having
allergy to the bleach or some of its components...as well as other individuals who do not have
allerigees to food stuffs...but do to the bleach itself.

As long as the cutting boards are not wooden ( will absorb the citrus juices...or even strawberry
juice/seeds ( and I myself have anaphlactic reaction to strawberries)...the hard plastic cutting
boards are fine...even the thinner plastic sheets that are available are good.

but it is not only in preparation of the food items that need be addressed for cross
contamination...remember to consider your own hands..be sure to use food prep gloves and change
regularly....be sure not to use latex gloves as those with latex allergies can still be sensitive
to latex on the orange rinds, or other aspects of food coming into contact with it...