[Northkeep] Castellan prizes and Gifts for Crown

j.t.herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 29 08:43:10 PDT 2006

Greetings,
Sitting here on the verge of Castellan with the rushing sound of its
approach in our ears I am left with a few concerns that I wanted to check
upon. I have already spoken with HE Master Beorhtlic about these and I
wanted to see what the people of Northkeep might add.

1. Are we as a group happy with the amount of prizes being given to our
champions?

Right now there is one item per champion with a few candles and the hint of
other prizes that have not yet appeared. If you had something you were
donating this would be the time to produce such an item.

2. Does anyone have anything further they would like to donate to the
stepping down champions and to the Castellan box?

In the past it has been a matter of the generosity of donations from the
people of Northkeep that overflowed the arms of our stepping down champions
with prizes. If you wish to take part in such a fine tradition please
contact the Autocrats.

3. Will the Castellan box be ready for the event?

We know that Lucan has offered to build the box but at have as yet not heard
about its progress.

4. Are we as a group doing gifts for the crown, which has become a tradition
for Northkeep's investitures?

Gifts should be gathered and placed into a basket and the Seneschal with a
contingent of Northkeepers could gift the items to the crown on behalf of
the people of the Barony. If you have an item you would like to gift to the
crown then please let us know so we can coordinate this effort.

I just want you all to know that we are not totally freaking out over any
this but the stress and anticipation of the upcoming event make us wonder
about things and how they will play out. We know things will be handled it
just makes us feel better to get reassurances such as answers to this email.
We are assured and confident that this Castellan will be outstanding.

Why will this Castellan be a great event because Beorthlic and Wilhelm are
Autocrating, because Keigan is cooking, and because of all little things
each and everyone of you do for Castellan will as a whole make this weekend
an event to be proud of. This is Northkeep and we Rock!

Kind regards,
Ian