[Northkeep] Waterbearing Supplies and other such business....

Lahoma Davidson lahoma-davidson at cherokee.org
Thu May 25 10:42:05 PDT 2006

Ian,

I just wanted to put my two cents worth in here:  The first of that
being that House Halfiras does not feel that it is a burden in any way
to provide additional water bearing supplies, we do it because we love
Northkeep and it's reputation as a source of good food, good friends,
and good drink is important to us.  I know that I personally have spent
a small fortune on supplies and gifts for various events as well as the
kings ransom that I spend on garb and camping supplies, and I also know
that I will spend any fortunes that I may amass in the future on the
same things, as we all will.  But I do it because I can and it makes me
happy as I hope it does all who play this game with us!  As far as the
purchasing of water bearing supplies goes, that is such a small portion
of what we do in the SCA that I hate to see our outgoing Baron and
Baroness as well as you and Kelandra taking valuable time out of your
already hectic schedules to worry about what kind of cutting boards we
will be using...as with any mundane kitchen all water bearing kitchens
are a matter of personal preference.  Personally I like the disposable
cutting boards simply because it is one less dish that I have to wash
and the two or three dollars that I have to spend every event season on
them is money well spent as far as I am concerned.  The money that was
allocated as well as donated by the populous was incredibly generous and
will be spent wisely by Montega (the NK WBIC) she and I along with
Halfiras will do Northkeep proud with the level of hospitality that we
will be able to provide.

Zubeydah,

As a friend of our household it is a huge understatement to say that you
have enhanced the experience that is the SCA for us in more ways than I
could ever list, so now, let us do that for you.  You have set a shining
example of what water bearing can and should be and by filling your
shoes I can only hope to do as fine a job as you have done.  You have
trained us all well and we are all armed and ready to do what we do,
which is to take care of the people of Northkeep and all of Ansteorra to
the best of our abilities.  You have put your time in on the front lines
and now it is time for you to sit back and see what you have helped us
do.  I am asking you as a personal favor to please quit stressing out
about what type of equipment we will be using and enjoy yourself.  This
is going to be an amazing event and all of the efforts of everyone
involved will come together in its own way and will be the stuff of
legends.  Don't miss out on this magic because we may all disagree about
what type of sanitizers we use or what kind of cutting boards should be
in the water bearing kitchen...IT DOESN"T REALLY MATTER!  What matters
is that at the end of the event you look back and know that it was time
and effort well spent and that it made you happy to be there!

Now to wrap all of this up I would just like to again thank everyone for
their efforts and/or donations for water bearing.  Please everyone take
advantage of what you helped provide.  Remember to drink your water,
wear your sunscreen and last but certainly not least...HAVE A GOOD
TIME!!!!  For Ainar and Mercedes please know that your quiet strength
and diplomacy have been a true gift to us all and that the lessons that
you have taught us will not be forgotten.  Ian and Kelandra, you have
proven time and time again not only your appreciation and love for the
water bearers but for the entire populous of Northkeep, that is why you
have been chosen to lead us.  I only hope that our love and appreciation
of you will be evident in the services that we provide and in the
attention that we will pay to the lessons that you will teach us.  And
for the Heavy and rapier fighters, as well as the archers, the bards,
the artisans, and all the others who do what you do, we ask that you do
it with the pride and courage that is Northkeep and that you do it with
the knowledge that the water bearers are there to support you in any way
that we can!

  So everyone quit worrying about water bearing at Castellan, it has
been handled and will be provided, now get back to work on the important
stuff!!!!-)

In humble service to the dream,
Lady Rayhanna-jamilla Al Muhkite
Northern Regional Water bearer