[Northkeep] surgery update

Sean OBrien ohoolighanofnorthkeep at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 11:22:13 PST 2006

Hi, everyone.  I just wanted to take a few minutes and type (one-handed) a brief note to let you know how I'm doing.  The pain has subsided, although the whole arm still aches.  I can't tell you how badly I want to get out of this sling.  And sleeping in a recliner?  Sucks!!   I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow afternoon and will let you all know what I find out.  I think I am doing really well, considering all the repair work that was done.   I am still stuck at home for a while longer but hope to be able to get to fighter practice in the next week or two and see everyone.  I miss you guys!  Well, it's time to get back in my torture chair and exercise the arm a little more.  Six hours a day on that thing seems to take forever.

  I do have some bad news.  My doctor says I will not be able to fight heavy any longer.  One good blow to the shoulder could leave me without use of it.  I really like my right arm, so I will be looking for some other way to stay active in the Society.  Because I cannot fight anymore I have heavy armour to sell.  Does anyone need anything I have?  I also have some sheet metal (an old city sign).   First come first served, my lords and ladies, so please let me know if you need armour.  It has passed inspection with Sir JP.

  Well, time to get back in the torture chair.  I hope to see you all very, very soon!!

  Aodh/Susan