[Northkeep] Online OP

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Tue Sep 26 08:15:30 PDT 2006

First, a huge thank you to all those who sent me info over the weekend! It was
awesome to get such a strong response.

A couple of folks mentioned at Populace meeting last night that they weren't
sure what the OP was, that I keep referring to.

The Online OP that I've been working on is located at : http://northkeep.org/
(This is a domain that Abe and I purchased, to avoid squatters grabbing it up,
as it was not owned by anyone, or any group, in the SCA at that time.)

If you click on the PEOPLE button, it brings up a page listing all the Baronial
officers. IT also has an A through Z series of links - each letter of the
alphabet has its own page, and all members of the Barony that I have gleaned
information on, are listed, whether active or inactive. (Inactive members are
flagged with yellow text)

What I look for, information wise, for an Online OP Entry:

* Your Society Name

* A Photo of you - I am happy to take pictures

* A graphic of your device - I am happy to build graphics of devices, based on
a crayon scribble, verbal description, or Blazon language.

* Awards: Any award that you have received in this, or any other Kingdom.

* Accomplishments and Offices Held: Anything of note - whether or not you were
the Chronicler of the Shire of Infinite Newbies, or you were the fifth
Underwater Basketweaving Champion of the Canton of Didntlastlong, or the
Kingdom Artisan. It can include things like being a Chirurgeon or Waterbearer,
Autocrat, Feast Steward, etc...

* Associations:  Are you a member of a Guild? Of a Household?

* Persona:  Any information whatsoever, of any epic length or brevity, about
your persona. This could be as simple as, "Scottish, 6th Century" to something
that would make Shakespeare weep tears of joy for its complexity.

You can submit info for the online OP for all of the above, any of the above,
or whatever you feel like doing. There's no minimum or maximum of information
that can be received/posted.

BUT WAIT! THERE BE MORE!!!

I would love to learn about the different Households in the Barony! I keep
hearing about The Raptor, or Caer du Pard, or other such venerable and
respected groups (I want to know all about "Raptor Rules Combat"!). I would
dearly love to add description pages for the households of the Barony. (There's
only one household currently listed: House Halfiras in Talequah).

For Household listings, I'd love to get:
The household badge
A list of members (current, past, etc)
Goals/focus of the household
Historical information about the household

(But really, I'll take what I can get)

So... the Online OP is yet another way that the Barony can spread word of its
glory and valor and numbers and all of those good sorts of things.

Send me info! Email me info! Snail mail me info! Corner me at fighter practice
and hand me a piece of paper with info on it! Only please don't TELL me info,
because I retain data the way a sieve retaints water.

In service,

Zubeydah