[Northkeep] New Middle Eastern Grocery!

Melissa Long Blevins hlecalais at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 20 02:01:40 PDT 2006

OOOOhhhhh, I just love you!  Thanks for the information, you are awesome!
  Regards,
  Elisabeth

Jennifer Carlson <talana1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
  The Jerusalem Market opened three weeks ago at 51st and Sheridan. They're
in the Southwest corner, in the small shopping center tucked back beside the
post office. It's next door to Bill and Ruth's subs, if you know where that
is.

They carry all the items you'd expect - olive oil, seminola flour, halva,
teas, and so forth; but they also have tons of goodies the other Middle
Eastern stores in town don't: Algerian dates, oil cured olives, molasses
made from your choice of grapes, pomegranates, or dates, eggplant canned
about every which way you can imagine, falafel spice mix (in case you want
to make it from scratch), cow's milk cheese from Syria, sheep's milk cheese
from Bulgaria, and my favorite Bulgarian yogurt (Dannon will just never do
it for me again).

They don't have much in the way of meat products yet, though they do have
kafta sausages. They carry all kinds of sweets, from tempting packages of
bite-sized baklava and katafi, to trays of chickpea cookies.

Prices are really good. Check it out.

In servicio,

Talana