[Northkeep] Gothic War... Call to Arms

Morgan Blackdragon blackdragonmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:50:51 PDT 2007

Vivat to our great Baron for those words. I am now calling for our
warriors to take up their weapons for our Barony and our Kingdom.
Please, sound off and let us know if you will be making the trek south
to join in the fray. Also let me know if you have promised your sword
arm to another company or if you are fighting for our, most excellent,
Barony of Northkeep.

~Morgan Blackdragon~

On 8/28/07, Jerry and Teresa Herring <j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Ciamar a tha sibh Ansteorra,
>
> Low and base do the sounds of discord ring across our mighty Kingdom. Two of
> our fine nobles their blades still wet from the battles at Pensic seek to
> bring war upon each other. I say this is wrong, no Ansteorran should raise
> sword against another in War, in practice surely, but not for greed or envy
> or any other sinful and selfish purpose found in the hearts of men. We are
> all brothers and under the leadership of one King. Our Crown trusts us to do
> their will in a rightly and goode manner. How can bringing war among our own
> kin serve our King and Country?
>
> Long did the Barony of Northkeep set in council seeking the proper way to
> proceed. The nobles squabble neared its most assured and bloody conclusion
> and still we sat watching and listening. We heard war leaders rattling
> their weapons, we heard merchants speak of profits, and we heard the
> lamentation of wives and mothers. Where was the peace we all hoped would
> peace would come, our noble cousins would not listen to reason, they would
> have no other end, and so peace failed.
>
> Given the path to battle do we fight for one cousin at the cost of
> another...at the cost of peace and unity with in this mighty kingdom of
> Ansteorra. Beyond hope we thought to wait out the fight  and not involve
> ourselves in these affairs but to see to the lands of Northkeep as we were
> charged. In the days before the coming fight many knights of the realm begin
> to visit our keep. Each honorable dignitary of Chivalry who rode to
> Northkeep spoke of their ties amongst our people. Each Knight spoke of how
> they marched to the glory of battle and how they were taking with them
> squires and men-at-arms. These oath bound chosen by the Knights were from
> amongst our own people...farms were left unattended and shops closed as each
> knight took his man from Northkeep. These knights one and all had declared
> their support for the same one of the two embattled Barons. This worsened
> the state and deepened my concerns. How could Northkeep now avoid the fight
> for we could not let our men ride off alone. Northkeep is a place where our
> strength lies in our unity. Where our fighting men are truly soldiers and
> brothers in arms How we could have men be among the host without their
> shield brothers and their kinsmen by their side?
>
> Since I can see no way to avoid the coming fight and no peaceful or
> diplomatic end seems plausible. Then I must do as his Majesty has charged I
> must see to Northkeep and by serving this Barony and its people hopefully
> serve the goode of the Crown and the Kingdom. Though with great sadness at
> having to choose between my own two cousins, I will not allow Northkeep to
> stand divided, with our brothers and our kinsmen we will take up sword and
> shield not to bring defeat to one baron or the other but to ensure the lives
> of those among our own people who enter this fight. Northkeep fights in the
> [...]

"If I became physically attracted to things that irked me, the world
would burst into flames from the friction of my furious humping."