[Northkeep] Middle Eastern goodies!!!

Gisela giselavonwolfsburg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 21:30:15 PST 2007

I forgot to mention earlier when I was online, that my friend from work has
his booth open at Promenade Mall again, selling those cool metal purses,
necklaces & lamps you have all given me such wonderful compliments on...
they also have GORGEOUS scarves, drinking glasses with metal bases in a
variety of styles, genie style metal lamps, assorted jewelry, a really cool
carved cane with elephants and lions circling downward... beautiful table
coverings & window drapes...
belly-dancing scarves from simple cheap coins outlining a triangular
fabric to intriquetly beaded pieces with belt-line reinforcement and
eye-hooks
& matching fitted halter
tops. I wish I had the money to get everything I want there... but I
don't. so I am letting you guys know about it so you can get stuff...
just make sure you inspect any glass
item before purchase. Most people who buy from him are only getting things
for decoration... but since we use them for feast gear and what-not, it is
important that they don't leak. Most of his goods are already packaged when
he buys them (he gets to see a sample of the item, I guess) and then it is
shipped to the US, so glass items may get damaged along the way. I found a
couple of glasses I wanted that were cracked, but since one was glass blown
inside a metal lattice frame, and the other was a crackled glass look, it
looked fine from the outside... you have to look through the glass at a
light source from the inside to tell if it's broken. He told me I was the
first person to do this, LOL. I wish I could have gotten stuff to donate for
gift baskets, but I couldn't afford it... however, he gives me a discount,
so if you did get a photo, I could possibly get it cheaper for you... Ian &
Kelandra, you might manage to talk him into a discount if you buy several
gift basket items... but then again, they are still pretty pricey for gifts,
even with a discount... raffle donations, perhaps... smaller items and
jewelry can be cheaper for gifts... just throwing ideas out there...

Anyway, I really hope you guys find stuff you want... the drapes and stuff
can be used to decorate the inside of your pavillions/yerts... and if you
see something, say a green glass in a tall, thin style but you want it in
red, ask if they have any others. They had been given a larger space this
year, but it was in a "no traffic" area of the mall, so they moved part of
their stock to the area under the food court escalator where they were last
year. If they have the extra help when you ask, they might be able to run to
the other shop and look for what you want. Be sure to get stuff or photos
and their contact info before Christmas, as they will probably pack up
before the new year like they did last year. I don't remember exactly when
they closed up, but they were only open "for christmas sales" last year. I
can get stuff from them after the beginning of the year if you get photos of
stuff like I did last year, since I work with him... so if you can't afford
it now, GET PHOTOS!!!! and let me know when you have the money and want to
get stuff from them. I can ask for you if you like. Also keep in mind that
he works days elsewhere, so his wife runs the "shop" during the day, so my
friend Kader (CAD-er) won't be there until evening (since I keep saying
"he"). I don't know his wife, but Kader is cool.

Gisela von der Wluesborch
(G-EE-sela)
Boffer Marshall
Scribal Guild
Barony of Northkeep, Kingdom of Ansteorra