[Northkeep] Cat+ Bird = Black Eye(s)

aoife at cableone.net aoife at cableone.net
Thu Dec 6 20:25:53 PST 2007

Greetings!

It seems I'll be coming to wInterkingdom not with new garb
but with a very colorful face!
Short version:
Our outdoor "Great Hunter" brought in a live bird...
said bird got away and flew madly around house...
said bird alighted in upper corner of room, I decided to wait
and let Fintan deal with bird when he got home.
Bird rests a long while then once again resumes looking for a way out...
Starts getting more and more confused and panicky...getting entangled
in garlands and lights...
Aoife getting concerned, opens front door and tries to shoo bird
in that direction...
Aoife does an ill-advised spin...loses her balance and falls (hard!)
on her left cheekbone...net result...bird is STILL in house and Aoife
has a huge swelled face.  Fintan comes home and after making sure she's
okay, begins to laugh.  Bird was eventually shooed outside, much to
the disgust of cat.  Score: Bird-Free, Cat-Pouting, Aoife-Well how do
you think I feel?  Stupid, that's what!!

I was actally screaming "no, no, wInterkingdom as I was  going down...
Fintan thought a word of warning was called for before you saw my face!

Aoife the Colorful