[Northkeep] How is everyone?

Susan catmafia at hughes.net
Mon Jan 15 10:14:01 PST 2007

To add to Kit's comments, I walked around the yard today and wow do we
have a ton of trees down.  For those who've been here, you can guess.  I
have no idea how we're going to get to them all, as many of them are
broken 20-30' up and hanging down.  Its going to be 'fun', there are
probably 30-50 trees that have major sections down.  I grew up here, it
feels like I've lost old friends-the kids laughed at me as I would
flinch as each broke-they sounded like rifle shots.

I walked up to the highway and mercifully we don't really have much ice
on the ground, most of what is there is what has fallen from trees as
they came down.  Pray that we don't get much wind, as if we do we will
probably be without power again.  Mom's been tucked up in bed with
layers of cover when the power's been out. Ian should enjoy that she was
telling me of a great ice storm in Utica from the mid 30's.  We've been
running lamps, worst of that is the lamp oil we had on hand has
citronella and it has my asthma acting up.

All is well and our hybernation continues, happily awaiting the thaw,
Susan