[Northkeep] SCA in the news

Jennifer Eppler chibi_jeni at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 13 09:55:31 PST 2007

I saw this story about a month or so ago. I think it's horrible of the
school to do that to him, especially since the mascot carries a weapon.

I work at a high school who prides itself on praising students for
individuality. They have the Harry Potter club, MST3K club and GBLT
association, among other things that would be looked upon as BAD BAD BAD in
other schools. They recently performed "The Tempest" with reinactment
swords, and even though there was no actual combat in the play, they were
still allowed to keep their "PROPS" sheathed. In the future I'll be helping
them with stage combat for productions, and the administration has given me
that blessing because of my experience in the SCA and several kids are very
interested in what the Society is about.

Thank you for posting this. I hadn't seen an article that they interviewed
other SCA/students.

- Lady GG