[Northkeep] another opinion

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 6 10:49:30 PDT 2007

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have read
Baldassarre Castiglione's "The Book of the courtier". ;-)

Someone really ought to suggest to the the more romantic complainers out
their that they read...oh...I think it was the beginning of the second
part of his book... where he is commenting about how each generation
seems to think that the one before it was better than the one after it.
Considering that the book was written over 400 years ago, I just think
that that would be a gem of a thing to drop on the list.

But far be it from me to do such a thing, I'm just a lowly site herald
who doesn't even live in the barony. I just consider you guys some of
the coolest people in the north. (and yes, that includes you Marc!
Though your medieval alter ego probably wouldn't show up on my radar
because Lord Ivo (awarded his arms and title in Ansteorra, not England)
has his own social circles to walk in and likely wont be bothered by
trivial merchants and whatnot. (you see, I WAS taking notes in all of
your persona classes.)

Seriously, though, I don't think I found anything in your long post that
I disagree with. In reality, the generally accepted rules of  politeness
truly are the best that we can strive for as a group that is as big as
we are.

Though I must admit, I am debating a private post to their excellencies
encouraging them to perhaps make fuller use of their guard in an
enforcement role in order to protect scheduled activities that have been
listed since before site opened. I know its a big kettle of smelly fish,
but I _have_ perceived a noticeable decline in the exercised power (such
as it were) by the nobles since the days of Sigen, Atherston and Barn.
I'm not holding these people up as any examples of perfection in any
way, but at least then, the sight of a baronial guard captain (all 6
feet of him)  "politely" asking you to behave in court was not unexpected.

Anyway, those are MY thoughts on the subject. I figured you might
appreciate them.

Cisco / Ivo