[Northkeep] jams, jellies, preserves, pickles...

Melissa Long Blevins hlecalais at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 11 20:06:14 PDT 2007

the "Middle Eastern Market" has lots of yummy, small cucumbers right now!

Jennifer Carlson <talana1 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Strawberries are plentiful right now, though I haven't seen any Stillwell
berries just yet. Texas blackberries are ready. Reasor's had plenty of
quinces last time I looked (and you kind of have to look - they hide them on
small displays with other "odd" fruits like plantains and ugli fruit).
There's always plenty of oranges and limes for marmlades. The cucumbers
aren't ready just yet, but there's hardly a vegetable what cain't be
pickled.

I also have a small kitchen, but would be willing to travel to teach making
quince paste - it's like a period fruit roll-up.

Talana