[Northkeep] Acting apropriately

Jerry and Teresa Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 4 14:36:53 PDT 2007

Greetings all,

As a sit and review the Castellan event my mind went to a few points of bad behavior and I had to write about them. We will have thanks and more to say about Castellan as you read this I am likely trying to make our email about the event and our thank yous into something less of a novella.

On this last weekend  I saw to many people falling away from the ideals of nobility, respect, courtesy, and chivalry of the SCA.  Some people where simply having a party day and night and although there is a certainly a time and place for a party it does not need not go on all day and all night. Fun should be in the forefront of all we do. There are some kinds of fun that border on being inappropriate especially when there are children about. Please if you must partake in acts that common society might consider inappropriate or lewd take that kind of activity back to your own camp and the privacy of your own tent.  Please have enough respect for your fellow man not to subject us all to such behavior. Lately a lot of the respect has gone out of the SCA and that is a very sad thing indeed. We should all try to better ourselves and this game we play and not drag it down to a drunken party where we wear funny clothes. An SCA event is such more than that and if you are only there to take part in or contribute to the drunken half naked partying then you are missing out on so much of magic that is the SCA.

Also when court is going on we should all be in respectful and if we can not be quiet then take our talking or partying back to camp or far away from where the crown and nobles hold court. Think of court like a movie theater.do you want to be the person with the screaming child or the ringing cell phone during the best part of the film, no, then please be respectful of others and if you can not be quiet please go elsewhere.

Kind Regards,

Ian