[Northkeep] jams, jellies, preserves, pickles...

Cpt. Talbot talbaine at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 15:33:31 PDT 2007

Well, to be perfectly honest, it wasn't my recipe, and it was the first time
I had ever prepared it...
It was a "Persian" green tea (the little dried balls that expand into a
whole leaf. As it turns out, you don't actually need to add the whole bag to
your boiling water, since it expands... a LOT!) combined with a simple syrup
made of water and (a whole lot of) starlight mints. I essentially had a
super concentrated mixture of mint syrup and green tea, which I then had the
servers mixing with water, at about a four parts water to one part tea
ratio. I liked it, but heard a couple of comments concerning bitterness...
the tea, not me...
So, yes, the tea was a rather carb unfriendly concoction, but, on the whole,
not as bad as it might have been, since it was actually just sweetened with
the mints.
-talbot