[Northkeep] artisans...

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Wed Jun 27 10:18:10 PDT 2007

Oh Artisans of The Northern Region:

I come before you to beg, plead, and most humbly inquire of you...

Do you ever make award insignia?

If you do:

Would you *pretty please* consider submitting it for inclusion in the in-
development Insignia Gallery, to be hosted on the College of Scribes website?

We are looking for all manner of insignia:
- wood / bone / gem carving / inlay
- embroidery
- weaving
- applique
- metalwork
- etched glass
- enamelwork
- cast pewter

etc etc...

If you have been curious about making insignia, there are specific examples of
the correct artwork to use, on the scribal website:
http://scribe.ansteorra.org/resources/awardtexts2007.pdf

I see this as a wonderful opportunity to feature the works of artists who don't
neccessarily get a chance to travel to far distant southern events, but who
have beautiful talents and skills that could enrich the Kingdom community in
their sharing.

Please note: Not all examples received can/will be displayed. We are striving
to select the very best, most accurate insignia, according to the criteria set
forth in the awards texts document listed above.  (Ie, insignia for the Sable
Thistle should be "Blue thistles, sable" and not 'Scottish thistles, sable" - a
subtle but important difference, visually..)

If you would be interested in contributing to this project, please contact me
off list for more information.

Please feel free to cross post this message to other group lists in the
Northern Region.

In service to the College,

Lady Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyya
Virtual Scribe, Ansteoran College of Scribes and Illuminors

POST SCRIPT: We are also *always* looking for examples of completed award
charters, for inclusion in the online library of charters. If interested in
contributing to this project, please contact me off list.