[Northkeep] cimmerron , oops, & lets try this again

ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Wed Mar 28 05:59:21 PDT 2007

greetings
after 35 min , im trying to post again .

greetings

oops, wrong group, went back and checked , its camp fire, not scouts.

http://www.passionateamerica.com/camp-fire-usas-heart-of-oklahoma-council-exploiting-children/

&
Comment from: Melissa Miracle [Visitor] · http://www.campcimarron.com
I would suggest to this reporter that she dig a little deeper for the real
reasons Camp Cimarron is closing for summer 2007, or, as is well known, will
be closed and sold to pay a recently acquired loan against the council's
Oklahoma City facility, Camp Dakini.

The actions taken recently by the Heart of Oklahoma Council to shut down
Camp Cimarron, and to silence young Camp Fire members that are speaking out
against the closure, are disturbing and ethically questionable for an
organization which believes they are producing "today's kids, tomorrow's
leaders", and promoting "integrity, responsibility, and tolerance".

If the intent is to merely shut camp down for the summer, why have they
removed all mention of Camp Cimarron from their web site?

http://www.campfireusa-ok.org/camping.htm

Camp Fire USA is a wonderful organization, and my daughter has benefited
from having been involved. However, the recent decisions and actions of the
certain council leaders and board members have her wondering if they
understand the meaning of integrity and responsibility.

Melissa Miracle
 03/12/07 @ 22:16