[Northkeep] Cimarron Closing

Robert Fitzmorgan fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:24:27 PDT 2007

    Several years ago some folks from Chemin Noir and I checked out a camp
just West of Bartlesville.  I think it was called Camp MacArthur but I'm not
at all sure.  It was a very pretty site and the management were very
receptive to having us but I think the Kitchen facilities were poor.  Due to
the location it is really only useful to us and Chemin Noir and we already
have a good site with Will Rogers.
    Many, many years ago Northkeep hosted Interkingdom at Camp Wasashi near
Wolorock.  That was a really nice site with lots of nice features.  We never
went back because we had some issues with the management, mostly due to the
person who booked us not doing any of the paperwork and then quiting without
ever telling anyone we were coming.  It was still a great site though pretty
spread out.  I also think it was kind of pricey.
   I seem to remember at least one event being held at the Creek County
Fairgrounds.  I'm not sure if they allowed camping.
    Camp Redlands West of Stillwater has been used several times but I think
they are expensive.  I have a lot of good memories from that site, it would
be fun to go back.

    There are several options, but I think that it is easier to just go with
Will Rogers or Cimmaron because we know the site and have a good working
relationship with them.  Also I kinda feel bad when we go with somewhere
other that Will Rogers because I know that they rely on the income form our
events to keep the site open.

Robert
.

--
"If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much
of a day."     John A. Wheeler

Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Yahoo IM: robert_fitzmorgan