[Northkeep] Northkeep Digest, Vol 11, Issue 45

Elodie elodie_osu at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 06:45:57 PDT 2007

There are steep hills but there is 2 roads that go down to the open area..one is longer and the other is shorter..it is wheelchair accessable and not that bad of a walk..I think the only real issue is parking..but havin driven ALL over that site there should be enough options to park--
  I know we will always use Will Rogers but there are other groups who don't or there may be other events we want to do that Will Rogers can't accomadate us and this is an option--I offered it several years ago when I worked at camp fire.I think for either Queens champion or Crown Tourney--but Sequoya or green leaf was used instead.

  Elodie

Meryn <butrflykyssis at yahoo.com> wrote:
  not sure how many ppl have ever BEEN to Walahili, but
just a note of mention since I spent *many* summers
there & at Took-a-boo-chee (another Campfire camp in
the Tulsa area, right off 4corners, out by Catoosa) I
probably have pics of the site as well still. (altho
its been about 5yrs at least since Ive been out
there.)
Walahili has a huge kitchen, a large feast hall, &
many split cabins. each with their own indoor RR,
showers (unless this has changed) are in their own
seperate building. Up the hill there is also a large
lodge, & down closer to the archery area there used to
be a craft cabin (not sure if thats still there?)
Theres a pool as well as the lake. Just beware suiside
hill, unless they have evened it out (really steep
trail that connected the further cabins to where the
feast hall is, there are alternate routes :P )
It really would be a nice site to use if we could get
it. I seem to remember some1 else looking into it at
one point & it not being an option?
so yea..I'll go bak to lurking now... yis ~*Meryn*~

PS has any1 looked into the BoyScout camp thats out
this way too? (ft gibson lake area) its..um.. garland
I think? I remember it also had a cpl of large halls,
& I believe a kitchen also.

Elodie Birdwell
  Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
    Changing lives one day, one prayer and one person at a time!

  Let me pamper you with Mary Kay...
  Email me @ ebirdwell at marykay.com
  elodie_osu at yahoo.com