[Northkeep] Long Bow help

ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Thu Nov 1 15:34:14 PDT 2007

greetings

welcome to northkeep and the archery family = )
>Anyone know specifically what kind of long bows we have to have?
since you want to make your own bow , you have several choices , the easiest
is probably a board bow , if you wish to make a bow that fits your persona ,
we can probably go there pretty easily as well , you can even make a
laminate long bow , as long as you only use wood and glue ( no fiberglass )
.and leave out the arrow shelf.

>what dimensions, weights etc?
again choices , depends on the above and your personal tastes , and
strength's .

if you don't own or have space for a bow press, there is always the self bow
shaveing meathod.
you can contact me for further info, or purchase a copy set of the
traditional bowyers bible , vol 2 has an atricle on making board bows .

be safe, be happy, have fun
arthur blackmoon
baronial missile marshal
barony of northkeep