[Northkeep] Long Sword classes

Gassion gassion_de_beaumarchais at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:12:25 PST 2007

    The day after Thanksgiving there will be several people exploring historic German long sword techniques at my house.  Classes start at 10:30am.  Bring all your armored and rapier gear.  We will have a Joachim Meyer class and a introduction / comparison to Fiore dei Liberi.  We will also cover the Italian names for strikes, which can be used in any system you study and are the most common among WMA students.  All are welcome, but seating is limited so bring a folding chair.  Thanksgiving leftovers will be available while supplies last, but please bring your favorite drinks.

    Weapons should approximate pre 1600 long swords, defined more closely to bastard swords in the SCA.  Armour will be required for any full speed work.  2 inch thrusting tips are not required, but some drills will call for thrusts so plan accordingly.

    If you're interested and need directions please contact me @ 479-459-0933 or via e-mail.

Gassion
620 Woodland Trail
Greenwood, Ar. 72936