[Northkeep] FW: FW: cookbook update

Niewoehner, Hugh Hugh.Niewoehner at flightsafety.com
Thu Nov 29 10:51:59 PST 2007

OK...so this aquaintance of mine from B3R days has a hobby collecting
period manusripts, scanning them, and distruting free CD/DVD's of the
scans.   I think I've posted a link to his web site previously where you
can preview a number of his manuscripts.

He's obtained a ... well... he can describe it...

		From: Ted Eisenstein [mailto:alban at MAIL.SOCKET.NET
<mailto:alban at MAIL.SOCKET.NET> ]

		That cookbook-cum-apothecary's-thing that I mentioned a
		couple of weeks ago?  I just got word today that my bid
was successful.

		.....and what with the Christmas package mailing season
upon
		us, I have no idea of when it'll be here, since it's
coming
		from London. Nor how soon thereafter I'll get it
digitized -
		it's a couple of hundred pages, I believe.

		Still, if anyone wants the CD version, drop me a note as

		usual. I'll get back to y'all when it's ready to be
mailed
		out, most likely no earlier than the middle of January.
Maybe
		even February.

		Oh, and it's in medieval German.

		For those with a bibliographic bent who want to find out
		bit more, it's:
		RYFF, WALTHER HERMANN. CONFECTBUCH UNND HAUSS APOTECK.
FRANKFURT:
		HEIRS OF CHRISTIAN EGENOLFF, 1584

		(Permission to spread the news to appropriate people and

		boards granted. I'm being lazy tonight, and don't want
		post anything more until I've had some sleep.)

		....I wonder if that bid for the collection of really
cheap
		5th-century papyrus fragments will be successful. And if
it
		is, if I'll do the really stupid thing and show up with
them
		at events.....

		Alban, in a weirder-than-usual mood tonight. Must be the

		headcold meds.