[Northkeep] OT: Pirate Crew Needed

Richie Goss lucansilverwolf at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 06:02:27 PDT 2007

I am glad to hear that the demo went well even though the turn out wasn’t what we were expecting.  I apologize for our absence, we have been sick this week, and are still working on the Ship.  Speaking of the ship . . .

As you many of you know, we have been working on a Pirate Ship for the past month or so.  When our event on September 8th was rained out, we started talking about the future of the Pirate Ship.  We have discussed this quite a bit and would like to take the ship to Renaissance Fairs and other events.  Basically the idea is that if we can “milk” the “Pirate Fad” for the next couple of years, we will be in a position to offer the ship as a “set” for all kinds of events.  We can rent it out for special events, Halloween events, Theatrical productions, etc.

So, we are looking for a committed crew of 10 people who are interested in traveling with us to Renaissance Fairs, Norman Medieval Faire, etc. as a part time job. (Most of these trips would be over a weekend, Friday-Sunday and sometimes Thursday night to setup for a Friday-Sunday event.)  Occasionally, the crew will be needed for work weekends before events to construct and repair the ship.  This time is very necessary to ensure that the ship stays in running order and can be improved as possible.

You will be paid at every event that turns a profit!!!   Remember, even if we go to a big event, there is NO GUARANTEE that we will make a lot of money.  We could get rained out, or any other number of things.  However, Pirates are VERY big right now and our ship is impressive and mostly water proof!!  We would at least have those two things working in our favor.  Now the only thing we need is a reliable crew!

We have started negotiations to bring the ship to the Norman Renaissance Faire in 2008.  Just to give you an idea of the possibilities, the Norman Ren. Faire sees over 250,000 people every year in one weekend.  If we were to do something as simple as a small show followed by Guided Tours of the Ship at $1 a head, imagine the possibilities if even a small percentage went through the ship.

We may try to do something small this month for Halloween if we can get a crew together and the ship finished.  It would most likely be a one day event on October 27th in a park here in Tulsa.  If we are able to pull that off, we will need to have RSVPs from a crew of 10 (available Oct. 26th- 28th) by October 10th so that we have a couple weekends before the event to finish the ship, prepare the crew for the show, get together costumes, make-up, & props, and assign roles.

We realize that this is something that you will need to think about.  Please let us know if you are “onboard” (I know, bad pun!) as soon as you are ready to make a commitment.

Lord Lucan Silverwolf
Ellette Silverwolf
(Rich and Sarah Goss)