[Northkeep] GNG Beer Bread

Kenneth Smith ulfarnfinnson at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 08:21:52 PDT 2007

Thank you for your reciepe I know I am planning on trying it.  Also it was good to see you at GNG last night and will see you on Saturday.

  Ulf

"aoife at cableone.net" <aoife at cableone.net> wrote:

Good day Ladies!

Here tis...
3 C. self rising flour
3 TBS sugar
12 oz. your favorite beer (different beers change the taste...last nights
was Killian's Irish Red).

Add the sugar to the flour.
Pour in the beer.
mix well by hand.

Dump into oiled bread pan. I've done this in 1 2/2 to 1 3/4 casserole dishes, too.

Bake in 350 or 375 oven for 40 to 50 minutes...loaf should be golden brown.
Optional...rub a bit of butter or oleo over the top.
The usual "when the toothpick comes out clean" test can be used too.
Cool completely before slicing.

This is a dense, chewy bread and a bit tough to slice when warm...we usually
make it a day ahead and wrap well after cooling. It freezes well, too.
Hint: Electric knives work quite nicely!

Back to your regularly scheduled day!

Aoife