[Northkeep] the accoutrements of a gentleman

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:24:47 PDT 2007

My first thoughts about what a gentleman kept to hand ran along the lines of
Lord Arthur's post: virtue, honor, the respect of others...

I like the list Zubeydah suggests, because each item suggests a gentlemanly
virtue:

belt pouch - generosity
handkerchief - good manners
small book of poetry - courtly graces
drinking vessel - hospitality: to be gracious as both guest and host
token for a lady - chivalry and courtesy to ladies
hat - looking the part

Talana