[Northkeep] the accoutrements of a gentleman

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Tue Sep 18 13:16:51 PDT 2007

The reason I asked the question, is that I was given some strong encouragement
at Triumphe to think about holding a Young Gentleman's Salle, along the same
lines as the Young Ladies Salon held at Castellan this year.  In my sun-addled,
befuddled state, this seemed like a Very Good Idea. :) So I've sorta started
looking at what would be involved, and who would best be examples to Young
Gentlemen, to recruit to help with such an endeavor.

With an enormous amount of help from House Halfiras, each of the young ladies
at the Salon received special gift baskets of indespensible items every girl
needs on hand: A sandalwood fan, a lace hankie, a favor to give to one she
respects, a mirror to check and see that her appearance is ladylike, a small
castle (ever girl deserves one) and a lovely pewter coin, hand cast by Lord
Ollj Perala, with rose and bud on one side and a northkeep castle on the other.

So, I was thinking what sorts of things a young gentleman would need.  Given
the suggestions, I was thinking:  a leather belt pouch, a handkerchief, a small
book of poetry or some learned topic, a mug, a token to give to a lady, a small
drinking vessel, and perhaps a hat.

So. Um. That's why all the questions.... :)

-Zubeydah