[Northkeep] Mikal the Ram

Niewoehner, Hugh Hugh.Niewoehner at flightsafety.com
Tue Aug 5 05:41:12 PDT 2008

Guten tag Northkeep.

There are a number on this list who know and well remember Mikal the Ram
from Calontir.  As he put it, something to the effect of "A bard of
annoying quality".   Outside the SCA he was a school teacher and always
took time out of his day for "Story time" with the childeren at events.

Last winter he was diagnosed with cancer.   Even while undergoing chemo
and other therapies which sapped his strength, he bucked doctors orders
and attended Lilies with the stated knowledge that it might be his last
opportunity to spend time with his extended 'family'.

As published on the Calonet yesterday, the cancer has metastasized in
his brain and the prognosis is...well, not good.

If you are one of those I who spent time with Mikal, think about taking
the time to write him per his wife's request.  It sounds like he could
use the toughts.

En service,

        Damon

-----

Subject: More Info On Mikal The Ram

Subject: FW: Update re: Mikal the Ram (Mike Shew)

Okay, all, here's the latest. I've asked Ariel to send it to the

CalonNet as well, since Ed's at Pennsic and can't do it. The news

isn't good, but ...

Some cards and prayers would be appreciated. Ginger's hope is that the

kids of Calontir will send him artwork, so pass that message along for

him, especially.

Luci

-----