[Northkeep] Silk Road Symposium: Instructors Needed

Niewoehner, Hugh Hugh.Niewoehner at flightsafety.com
Tue Jul 15 06:50:49 PDT 2008

Folks, this is right across the NE border (just outside Joplin).

----

Greetings Unto One and All!

In just a few short months (three to be exact), the Royal University of
Scir-Hafoc and the Shire of Crystal Mines will be hosting a Silk
Road Symposium...to be held October 25 in Carthage, MO. [[The same site
as Kigndom A&S, if my memory serves me correctly!]]

To make this RUSH event a success, I am still seeking instructors on
many diverse topics. So far, some of the classes on the list that you
could attend include:

Sharia'a: Islamic Law

Introduction to Silk Embroidery

Afro-Portuguese Relations in the Early Renaissance

The Rihla

Middle Eastern Period Cloth

Dressing the Safavid Persian Man

Mughal India: Culture, Clothing & Food

I'm also currently working with Ly Rahil on putting together a track of
dance classes and a dance exhibition for over the noon hour to entertain
all while instructors and students sate their appetites.

However, as you can see from the class topics listed above, there are
cultures in the Near East, Middle East, and Far East that are neglected.

Where are the Mongols? The Chinese and Japanese?

How about the Byzantines and Mamluks? And where is Islamic Spain?

The Levant seems under represented too! And OH MY...where _are_ the
cooks?! Or the history?!

If you, or someone you know, could fill in any of these gaps, I NEED
YOU! I need you to just fill out the handy-dandy RUSH Instructor form,
right here:
http://calontir-rush.org/test/courseinfo.htm
<http://calontir-rush.org/test/courseinfo.htm>

I know three months seems like a long time from now...but time gets away
from even the best of us. Offer to teach now before all the good class
slots are filled up!

So check your calendars...October 25th, Crystal Mines, Silk Road
Symposium...mark it down. Come on down to enjoy this RUSH
Symposium...and even better, come and teach!!!

Until the next time,

Jibra'il `Attar
RUSH Regent, Silk Road Symposium
jibrail.attar at gmail.com