[Northkeep] A call to Arms!!!

Rachel Sampson sampsonrc at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 12:28:07 PDT 2008

Hey Facon! You can count on me to lend a hand, just let me know when.  I am willing to do whatever and can bring my machine. I will look and see if I have any fabric that will work, not sure yet.

In service,
Charmaine Talbot (Rachel)> Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 10:32:30 -0400> From: facon at cox.net> To: northkeep at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject: [Northkeep] A call to Arms!!!> > Greetings unto the Populous,> > I am writing today seeking the assistance on behalf of the children of the barony. We have recently had a resurgance of individuals interested in the Boffer and youth rapier programs. The problem being as they do not have equipment to allow them to participate fully and do not have the knowledge and/or resources to put together the needed equipment. So I am proposing and requesting the assistance of the Barony in completing the needed equipment. Precisely I am looking for assistance in putting together padded gambisons, and or leather jerkins for the boffer kids, rapier legal armor(4 layers of trigger or 3 layers of tight weave linen), making arming and/or fencing hoods, sewing cuffs on gloves and perhaps sitting and hand sewing some leather gorgets. > > I am really excited about the youth programs jump starting again and humbly request the assistance of the Barony to make it happen. So what am I asking? I would like to coordinate a night where everyone that is willing and able shows up, we will need sewing machines, people to run them, people to make patterns and cut cloth, perhaps even some to iron out material and such. If anyone would have materials that they would like to donate to the cause that would be fantastic!! I know the parents will be glad to help out anyway they know how but more are needed for both you skills and experience!! > > We could either set this up on a weekend all day type affair, maybe do pot luck food(make a party of it!!) or something or we could gather on a wednesday night at practice to work but due to limited time it could take more than one night. Any and all whom are will to join in help. PLEASE contact me and I will act as a coordinator for this endeavor. > > So send to you a CALL TO ARMS for the knights and Dons/Donas of tomorow.> > Yours in Service,> Facon> _______________________________________________> Northkeep mailing list> Northkeep at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/northkeep-ansteorra.org