[Northkeep] checking in

Jennifer Eppler chibi_jeni at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 19:56:24 PDT 2008

Congratulations to all those who received recognition to achievements richly deserved!

We are glad to hear all made it home safely. I look forward to hearing stories.

Had Johann not been training those who fight in the Known World War in the Land of Endless Sand, and Conner been serving his first weekend as a maritime squire (Sea Cadets), and our mundane occupations throwing people on their heads and busting teenagers overdosing on painkillers, we would have been there; though I shudder to think what would have happened if we had.

Maybe next year.

- Ldy GG> From: j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net> To: northkeep at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:57:26 -0500> Subject: Re: [Northkeep] checking in> > Road weary, wounded, and weather worn we return from Gulf War. I could rail > on about the glory, and the hard fought victories of our people and our > kingdom, I could speak of all the honor, chivalry, heroism, and fun that > those who were unable to attend missed, and say how their time in the SCA > has been cheapened by missing this war...but alas I am too glad to be safely > home once more among my friends and family, and I am to weary and sore for > so many words. Let it stand for now to say that this war will live as a > treasured memory for me and that Northkeep and the North were truly glorious > in their war efforts.> > My heart goes out to those of us who were taken from the war to face loss > and hardship. You were our inspiration.> > Kindly,> Ian> Baron > > _______________________________________________> Northkeep mailing list> Northkeep at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/northkeep-ansteorra.org