[Northkeep] Bob Asprin

Jerry and Teresa Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 27 15:37:47 PDT 2008

I too partook of  three great things that Robert or Yang left with us.

At a Sci Fi convention long ago I heard him perform. He truly knew how to be
entertained or to be the entertainment.
As a teenager being a kid from a the Missouri farm lands I identified with
Skeeve in a very special way and I read all the Myth books I could get my
hands on at least twice.
As a member of the SCA I learned about honor and chivalry from those who
live it and I learned to follow the difficult path laid out by Yang as a
brother in the Great Dark Horde.

I was there that night at Gulf war when a legend walked among us. In a very
quiet grandfatherly way Robert Lynn Asprin watched and listened to all that
went on and I saw that occasionally as some one spoke he would smile that
old impish smile as if he had recognized something from his past reflected
in the words or deeds of a young unfamiliar face. We all left that encounter
with Yang feeling as he were proud to have met us.

Ride Free Yang
Kindly,
Ian Dun Gillan