[Northkeep] Chemin Noir

Jerry Herring j.t.herring at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 24 08:50:31 PST 2008

Greetings All,
Amongst good, honest, hardworking folk we spent a very relaxing day filled
with fun and friendship.The fireplaces in the hall blazed day and night
spreading warmth and good cheer all the while the kitchens put worth aromas
that would make any mouth water. The ladies with their looms and spindles
gathered together in the glow of the fames to chat away the day. Stout
warriors from the North hunted down roving troops of Brigands in the chill
air of the wilds. I saw many a centurion take up both heavy and rapier blade
that day in defense of the lands. Arrows, axes, knives, and spears took
flight in tests of accuracy. Works of skill and artistry were inspected and
appreciated by the populace. Every corner of the hall was abuzz with
activity or conversation of some kind...it was a wonderful site to behold.

At night the event truly came alive as the hall filled with merry voices
echoing among the rafters while a hardy feast was served. In the dark hours
of the night as the day drew to a close you could not help but stand in the
cold under the glittering heavens taking in just how small and special this
event was, blanketed in the warmth of the pure child like wonder of such an
event as this. Truly the dream of the SCA thrives in Chemin Noir where all
folk are welcomed and treated as family. Chemin Noir as a people and the
Fair of the Harvest as their event captures the honor, glory, and chivalry
for ages past only to serve it up in heaping armfuls to any who would brave
the northern weather to share in it.

I could sing the praises of indivduals who contributed to the Fair of tyhe
Harvest but upon thinking about it there was not one soul in attendance who
did not play their own part in such a fine event. Well done Chemin Noir, you
have had a successful event and successfully filled my heart with humble
pride.

Kindly,
Ian
Baron