[Northkeep] Teach a Children's class at wInterkingdom!

Miriam Cook zahavabathannah at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 09:18:20 PDT 2008

Teach a Children's class at wInterkingdom!

Dear Populace of Ansteorra,

If you do not know me, my name is Zahava. I will be coordinating children's activities at Northkeep's wInterkingdom event this year, Dec. 13th. Let me explain to you a bit of my inspiration to fill this position-- aside from my 2 beloved children's activities participants. First, let me backtrack a little bit and say this-- children's activites in Ansteorra are awesome. My 2 boys LOVE going to events (now that they are old enough to participate) and that is mostly because of the hard work of other people donating their hard-earned leisure time to educate and entertain them.  That being said and heartfelt meant, I say this; it is time for more! Both of my children and so many more here in Northern Ansteorra are not newcomers to the Society. So many have played 5, 6, 7+ years (though they are only 5,6,7 + years old) and have a pretty good understanding of what the SCA is and WAY better garb than many adults.

So I would like to see if we can come up with some slightly more advanced classes for some of these children. I of course do not want to exclude any newcomer children and am certain we can have plenty of age and level appropriate fun activities.

If you are willing to help me in this endeavor and have a class to teach, please contact me at zahavabathannah at yahoo.com or miriz01 at gmail.com . Those adults who would like to help out but don't know what to teach, please also contact me as well-- we can work together to come up with a class.

Thank you all for your time.

In love and service to Ansteorra,

Ldy. Zahava batHannah