[Northkeep] Posting issues - jut an FYI

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 13:34:21 PDT 2008

I'm not being critical of anyone, although I have gotten some questions lately.  If you post a message to any discussion list - this one in particular - and it doesn't show up immediately there may not be anything wrong.  The technology side is predicated on black magic, and if the local node techs haven't sacrificed the requisite number of chickens and such, then sometimes things get delayed by the dark gods for a bit

If you are still receiving mail from the list, then you are probably not unsubscribed.

If you never receive mail from the list, but just read the archives then you may not be subscribed.  People who aren't subscribed to this list can't post to it.  I don't care how many chickens you sacrifice to the Internet (although occasionally, I'll see a clear posting to the list flopping about amongst the spam in the filters - but don't expect it.  We get a LOT of spam every day).

If you have to change your address, you should be able to do that through the log in you were given when you joined this list.  If (like many people) you have lost that password, then let me know and I'll unsubscribe you, and you can subscribe again.  I can not change your password, nor can I change your email address in the system.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me.

Maker's Mark helps.

Marc/Diarmaid