[Northkeep] Newcomers and a class

Chris Birdwell angusmgunn at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 10:53:00 PDT 2008

Greetings Northkeep,

I am considering the idea of putting together a short series of classes for our newcomers. We have a few new people who may be in need of information that we as a barony can provide to help them along. My idea is this: Starting with an overview of the SCA, how events work and basics of participation we can then build on those ideas with varied classes. Continuing to basic garb, where to get it, sources for learning to make it, etc. Then event camping, crash space, etc. Court behavior or even a mock court. Etc. What do you all think? If you are willing to help out with this idea please let me know so we can start getting our new folks involved.

Thanks,
Centurion Angus Gunn
Squire to Sir Cassius Lepus
Hospitaller Northkeep.