[Northkeep] Fiore book online

Jon Eppler jon.d.eppler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 05:30:30 PDT 2008

There has been some discussion on swordforum on this.  I would guess
it is in a Northern Italian dialect with a heavy latin influence.
This is a major find for the Historical Combat crowd.  The big
question is its remove from the Getty which is the most complete
version.

Johann

On 9/26/08, Niewoehner, Hugh <Hugh.Niewoehner at flightsafety.com> wrote:
> Off another list.
>
> ---
>
> A 4th copy of Fiore dei Liberi's manuscript has been discovered online
> on a museum website.
>
> Linkage:
>
> http://images.bnf.fr/jsp/index.jsp?contexte=accueil&destination=accueil.
> jsp
>
> Website is in a foreign language (French, maybe). The manuscript can be
> found by typing 11269 in the search field

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the
dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find it was all
vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may
act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality." - T.E. Lawrence.