[Northkeep] Fw: Not breaking this chain

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Wed Aug 12 22:41:52 PDT 2009

I am not sure what this is all about but I do know the ACLU worked very hard to get pentacles added to the official list of religious headstone the National cemetery at Arlington. I think their policy is everyone gets their symbols not doing away with them.
The whole aim of separating church and state was to keep us from having one state religion. If I remember my US History it was Rhode Island's leadership that pushed for it. Mainly because the major leader of RI had suspicions that only he was "saved". The New England colonies so closely tied their politics to their church that only "saved" people would be politicians. The Leader of RI had gotten so upset about some of the people put in power he decide to separate the political  leadership of the colony from the Church and let everything just happen.
RI just would not join the US as long as there was any involvement of Church with state because they just didn't believe other people were good enough and refused to let them dictate their religion beliefs.
Willow Ann