[Northkeep] Things Needed for Jonathan at New House
Fred C Ross
f-ross at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 28 15:30:38 PST 2009
I made my first trip in several weeks to Jon and Willow's today. Finn has been there @ least 5-6 days each week - progress is slow. I did a very jaundiced eye survey today and see that much progress can be made with the aquisition of the following inexpensive items.
1) Wall hanging expandable coat/hat racks - plastic is fine - I mean the ones that look like a series of 'X" shapes - these are for coronets, necklaces, wreaths, etc. I think they are available at any of the Dollar Stores.
2) Flat boards for shelving - these will be used to place Willow's fabric and trim in neat order in her workroom.
3) Along those lines, any of you that have leftover cardboard bolt forms that used to hold fabric - we can really use those - also spools for trim.
4) Fighters: gentlemen I need 3 armor stands to hold a helm, arm gear, body gear, leg gear in an upright and display position. (That's three to cover all of each) I am not sure that I need three in toto, but I know that I require 2 at minimum. These are to display the Duke's various pieces of armour and will probably be part of the "great Hall" of the house. They don't have to be fancy, but if you wanted to carve any Celtic knotwork on the arms, legs, or torso, I am sure that Msts. Talana and Msts. Catrin can provide you with any number of designs (and of course we would expect you to sign your work). By "Great Hall" I mean a room that is, at best 10' x 20' with one decent window.
5) I need decent boxes in which to organize all of Willow's craft gear. These include but are not limited to paints, brushes, glues, paper, metal lengths, jewelery findings and glass stones, pre-made bits and pieces, - If you have the means, fishing tackle boxes (plastic/two layer) are excellent for this purpose. I have a P-Touch labeller to mark everything - never leave home without it. It will also be used to label the material/trim shelves. Willow also has a number of tools that could be mounted on a peg board and labelled. If someone would like to help with this project please let me know.
6) Needed: file organizing materials and someone willing to wade into the mess with me. I have a number of filing/hanging folders with which to organize Willow's research. She has (I think) enough filing cabinets for this to happen - but I need someone with a trap mind to go through - recognize duplicates, put them together and label the whole damned thing. This womman has more info than any of us could hope to gather in a lifetime, buit we have a problem. We may ask her for guidance but you must stick to your purpose or else it's down the yellow brick road. If you have the guts to say (Well, that's nice but what we really need to know is...) and stick to it, then welcome aboard.
To finish: a time line:
Willow's surgery will occur on Dec. 30 and all going well she will spend 2+ weeks in the hospital in Dallas. We need to make this house as usable as possible. I know you have great events coming up and that they take a great amount of time out of your mundane lives. But this is the only life Willow and Jon have left - you may not respect me or Finn because we are dinos - you may find this a fruitless endevor - shortly, it may happen to you. I was Nord Aus Das Strom, the beginning and the ending - those who remember, will remember who we were and truly who we are. We leave no one behind - help us; help us save the beginning so there will be no ending.
With respect to you all - Roselynde d'Angleterre
More information about the Northkeep