[Northkeep] For your entertainment Re: Photographic Project

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Thu Dec 17 19:10:24 PST 2009

Umm, I'm not sure about the dating on some of these.   In the picture
labeled "1988 - 5th Interkingdom Peace, no.27" I'm the marshal with the
wicker hat and the yellow and red tabard.    That's the tabard of a
Squire to The County Stargaard.

I have a few specific recollections of the IK peace event in '88.  The
'88 IK peace event was held at Camp Redlands outside Stillwater.    I,
being new to the group, had gotten immediately involved with Northkeep
by agreeing to be the Assistant KM for Andrew Selwyn.    Less than 2
months prior to the event Selwyn had a work hiccup and told me
"Congratulations you're going to be Marshal in charge of a major
inter-kingdom event."     Fortunately we'd already laid out the fighting
events and had a volunteer to bring in haybales (Wilhelm De
Kaalavo).     The fighting was basically very simple.  Fighters
playground...We used those haybales every which way and ended up with a
barroom brawl.   Several fighters including those with reputations for
being tireless came up and said "Please! No more!  I don't think I can
handle any more fun!"