[Northkeep] Christmas gifts idea

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Mon Dec 21 00:40:04 PST 2009

there is an old Blackfox cartoon where one character is talking to a new person and he tells the new person that we are not all fighting. He lists the other things we do and after he finishes with the list we go to the next frame and the character adds "And it is the only place I can wear jewelery".
For many of our characters getting dressed up is wearing more Jewelry. almost everyone should wear a brooch at the opening of the tunic.
the problem is finding nice period pieces that don't cost a lot.
I went down to Michael's and Jo-Ann's and discovered that in the beads and pendant section many of the pendants are also brooches. I wanted to go crazy but I was good, but you could some and i could look at them
I you go to Michaels and Jo-Ann's web sites you can get coupons for 40% off. I saw a beautiful silver brooch with a great green stone that would be perfect for 11Th century up for only 3.99 and with 40%. I think that is close to 2.50. I would say that would make a very affordable Christmas gift.
Before you go out Google the century and jewelry or go to Raymond the Quiet site and look at his jewelry. This will give you an idea of what you are looking for.
Merry Christmas
Duchess Willow de Wisp