[Northkeep] Trade Day?

ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Mon Dec 21 14:46:57 PST 2009

greetings

it is my understanding that if the sales occur as part of an official sca
function anyone selling , must have a tax id number , and collect city
,state and federal taxes.
as applicable .
however if all that is officially happening is a fighter practice, there are
no official sales activities going on we are not required to collect taxes
on sales we know nothing about .
announcing that we were going to be selling things at practice would require
us to have merchant info collected on everyone selling anything.
so if people were to show up at an sca function ( fighter practice ) and
announce " I'm selling all my old stuff " we would be required to collect
taxes .
on the other hand if people  said " hummm, on g & g day, next month I'm
going to bring all the stuff thats been falling out of my closet for people
to look at "
then what ever arrangements the possessors came to would be between them,
and not part of an sca function.

I know its nit picking, but its the difference between a private garage sale
, and the flea market .
I don't have a problem with a portion of the table area being used to
display personal items people no longer need ,as long as the vfw is ok with
it.
I would have to change this position if people were to want to use the
fighter practices as a crafts sale or a re-sale opportunity. which it is not
.
also I would prefer that in order to prevent pushing any of the bureaucratic
buttons for the city, we don't hold these house cleaning viewings any more
than twice a year .... unless we wanted to move them to someones yard  ,
like in the spring, and summer months .
does that help ?

happy holidays !!
no matter what your religious , personal , or ethnic preferences , may you
know peace , happiness and joy this season ,
and may you all have full bellies,
warm feet ,
and someone special to share it all with  = )

Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
Arthur