[Northkeep] For your entertainment

ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Tue Dec 15 18:02:18 PST 2009

greetings

the pic =
http://www.flickr.com/photos/northkeep_barony/4183915402/in/photostream/
the story, one of my favorite memories of william blackfox was from 1988
when he helped produce me in court for my aoa .
seems the crown had been trying to give me an aoa for like 3 events, but
since i wasnt much on court at the time, and i had heard that the king was
looking for me.
so , being my barbarian self ; ) i normaly hid during court , not wishing
the king to find me
( ok , so i had images of an angry king ordering me beheaded if he ever
found me )

with that background , i add that i had started winning  unofficial thrown
weapons and archery even back then
( unofficial because archery and thrown weapons at that time were not "
official sca activities " , no rules, no marshals, drinking on the range,
etc. )
and i had won a spear, hand made from tarl of wolfstar , ( which i carried
untill recently , and gave it to a deserving knight ) but did i mention that
the king on the throne was also from wolfstar ??

anyway, her i am hiding in in the shade , when up comes blackfox , now, i
liked blackfox , so thought nothing of it as he aproached me, smiled, picked
up my spear , said nice spear , then smiled again, and turned around and
headed off across the site, i'm like, william give me back my spear , uriah
will skin me if i lose it , he laughed and said i could have it back in just
a moment , as he kept walking , not wishing to harm him all i could do was
follow and wheedle him, untill suddenly he stopped , and i'm like kool, can
i have my spear back now ?? and as i reached for my spear , i was suddenly
surrounded by all these big guys in white belts , ( yep , you got it ,
visions of blackmoons head on a pike outside the gate ) who closed ranks
around me , and like a roman formation , marched to a door,opened a path to
the door, and said " thats the way out " i'm like , uumm , ok......
so i opened the door, and went inside, when my eyes adjusted , i'm like 10
feet from the thrones , and everyone including the royals are looking at me
.
i turned around to run back out the door, and there stands william with a
big smile on his face , saying go on in their waiting on you ..... i thought
i was gonna die...
when i bowed before their magesties, i never took my eyes off the king ,
thinking  i might still escape if he reached for his sword . which worked
just fine till they said , " kneel " at that point i knew i couldn't escape
even if he did grab a sword, so i settled in to hear what he was gonna say
boy was i surprised when they started reading the aoa scroll = )

so , the only reason i have an aoa , is because blackfox knew i would follow
the spear ; )

for those of you who never had the pleasure of knowing william blackfox, he
was an amazing man , tallented in many fields , and he could always see the
funny side of anything . i've been a manic depressive most of my life, but
to be honest, i firmly believe that no one could be near blackfox for more
than a few min.and still be depressed , william blackfox was just that kind
of person , i miss him still : (

Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun
Arthur