[Northkeep] Off topic: Auditions

Tina Michael tinabetta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 07:14:47 PST 2009

Hi all,

  I need some advice. I am going to audition for the Drunkard and The Olio
at the Spotlight theatre downtown this weekend and I am totally drawing a
blank as to what sort of entertainment this area might enjoy. I went to the
show this past weekend and unfortunately there was only one Olio performer
and not much to draw from there. I know not too many of you (yet) have seen
me perform but I have a background in theatre and excel at character rolls
as well as sing and tell stories. The idea I am bumping around in my head
right now is to dress my alter ego Bubbles (Hi!) up in a Vaudeville style
costume, ad lib with the audience a bit and sing something. The only tune
that comes to mind so far is "When the Saints Go Marching In". Anyone have
any other suggestions?
  I wish there had been other performers so I could get a grip on what the
locals like but that ain't gonna happen before Sunday so I need the advice
of anyone who has perhaps seen the show or just really likes music.

Thanks,
 Lady Augustina Elizabetta da San Germano
 Minstrel of the Eclipse
 aka Tina

--
Any day above ground is a good day!