[Northkeep] Norman Medieval Fair

Shell Atwood shell.atwood at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 08:33:54 PST 2009

Blessings of the day to our good neighbors in the Barony of Northkeep.

The Barony of Namron will be joined by Their Stellar Majesties in
celebrating the coming of Spring by raising our encampment at the Norman
Medieval Fair, April 3rd, 4th and 5th in Norman, Oklahoma.

Last year, the fair saw nearly 350,000 visitors and many of those visitors
spent time with us, enjoying our hospitality and learning more about the SCA
and its people.  This year we have been blessed with a new, larger land
grant which will allow us to bring history to life on a larger scale than
has been possible in past years.

We wish to extend a special invitation to all our Fighters, both heavy and
light.  Come demonstrate the prowess of our northern warriors as you battle
against worthy opponents before Their Stellar Majesties and the cheering
crowds.

For our Artisans and Craftspeople, we have prepared a Living History and
Arts and Sciences lane, which will provide a wonderful venue to display your
talents and share your knowledge with those wishing to learn.  Whether you
need display space, workspace or room to set up a Period Display, we will
work to accommodate your needs.

Saturday evening, we will retire from the fair to a well deserved
celebration as their Royal Majesties hold Court.

We also wish to take this time to call for volunteers willing to assist in
Arts and Sciences, at the Hospitaler and Waterbearing Stations, as well as
those brave and daring folks willing to work directly with patrons as
heralds, guides, performers and more.

For information about the List Field, A&S or Living History displays, or
volunteering please contact the Medieval Fair Task Force at
medfairteam at mummersguild.com

The fair is free to the public so there is no site free for the event or the
revel.  To learn more about the fair itself, please visit
http://www.medievalfair.org where you will find the details, maps and
schedules of the event.

Yours in Service,
Melina de Mantua