[Northkeep] Populace on Monday- The important part, the food...

Miriam Cook zahavabathannah at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 07:49:13 PDT 2009

So I was thinking about how after the polling at Populace lots of people are probably going to want to hang out and talk to each other a bunch and likely get food and perhaps a drink. I was racking my brain trying to figure out a place to go since our usual IHOP has 1) horrible food and 2) worse service. Last month we went to Mazzios, which was pretty cool, but they close pretty early and with the number of people we are likely to have after the polling, those who get there last have little time to actually eat before they are ushering us out.

I was trying to think of a place that was a bar and grill type place so that it would be open late, not smokey, kids permissible, a menu that has affordable things and a variety for different diets. I called the Brook, which (darn-it) is only open till 10 on Mondays.

Then I remembered that I had a contact for Cowboy Sharkies at 61st and Memorial (now I think they are just calling it Cowboys or something). Cowboy Sharkies has 2 sides, the one side that is a typical bar open till 2am and the other that is the dining room which generally closes at 10pm I think.  After speaking to the owner, he said that he would be willing to keep it open as late as we need it. They have a pretty varied menu-- from burgers and sandwiches to pizza and wings to steaks and seafood (and I think some Mexican stuff they are trying now too).  In addition, they serve full bar beverages.  There is no smoking on the dining room side.

Here is a link to their menu: http://www.cowboysharkies.com/Restaurant/Restaurant%20Images/Cowboy%20Sharkies%20menu%20final.pdf

I'm not sure that we would always want to stay in this type of place, but perhaps for after this special Populace?

What do you all think?

Zahava