[Northkeep] don't forget !!

Darin Herndon darin.herndon at chk.com
Mon Jul 27 09:01:25 PDT 2009

And, on that note, ...

There are two things happening tonight.  First, a normal monthly business meeting.  Second, a baronial polling.  In an offline email thread with Their Excellencies, the desire was expressed to not have either interfere with the other.  I intend to respect that and I agree with it.

I know His Excellency posted an email on July 24 where he asked officers to keep reports to a minimum and for anyone else with business to let the seneschal, herald, and Their Excellencies know ahead of time.  If the normal meeting content is expedited, then we should have plenty of time for polling.

However, to try and guarantee we have no issues with time, I will arrive as early as I can (driving up from Wiesenfeuer).  If I am in place before the meeting has started, I will happily issue and take ballots from those who arrive early before the meeting.  I will pause balloting during the normal meeting.  I will resume after the meeting.  While I cannot guarantee that I will be early (there could always be a wreck on the turnpike slowing things down), I will try.  And if I can get some balloting completed before the formal meeting starts, I will be happy to do so and avoid running up to the last minute before the library has to kick us out.

But, let me be very clear that everyone gets to submit a ballot.  If I have to move outside and complete the balloting outside after the meeting, I will.  No one who wishes to cast a ballot will be denied.

As Baroness Mercedes noted this morning, bring proof of membership.

As your seneschal, Lord Arthur, noted, get the word out.  It appears that this has already been done to a great degree, but last minute reminders never hurt.

As a closing note/request to Their Excellencies, if you were willing to assign me two of your guard to help me with crowd control during the balloting it would be appreciated.  To be clear for the list, this is for crowd control only; they will never have access to read the ballots.  They should not be candidates or relations thereof however.

I'm looking forward to visiting Northkeep again.  Unfortunately, my family will not be traveling up with me and I will be leaving immediately after the balloting to return to Wiesenfeuer and prepare the package for overnight shipment to the kingdom seneschal.  I will have no real visiting time this trip and I regret that.

See you all tonight,

Seigneur Etienne
Northern Regional Seneschal