[Northkeep] Linen, wool, and thrones

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:11:06 PDT 2009

> From: rockmeamadeo at gmail.com
> As a former policeman here in Tulsa I can tell you we all hate the wool
> uniforms.

*whine whine whine*

I'll bet you didn't wear them with the linen undergarments :)

> They are exceedingly hot, extremely impractical, are about 5 times more
> expensive to buy, are very expensive to own as they must be dry cleaned and
> on top of all of that they hold up to wear very poorly.

Then they are crap wool.  Wool should last for a long time, even under hard wear, and as Talana mentioned, doesn't *have* to be dry-cleaned (actually I wonder if the chemistry used in the dry cleaning process might not have had something to do with the wool breaking down).

Seriously, the reason I mentioned the officer at the VFW thing was that he and  I were discussing the wool issue, and he noted that he was fairly comfortable in it.  Hot yes, because it was a billion degrees out that day, but comfortable.

Listen, no one is required to wear wool.  If you don't like to wear wool, then don't.  I'm just suggesting that if people want to try it, if it's worn correctly, it will last longer than cotton, and be, if not more comfortable, at least be not more uncomfortable than cotton.

M/D