[Northkeep] "So fill to me the parting glass..."

Peter Schorn peterschorn at pdq.net
Tue Jun 2 20:32:27 PDT 2009

The good news is I got an incredible job offer, which I accepted.

The bad news is it's not here.

It's in Maryland, down in St. Mary County.  There's crabcakes (one word) and
blue points and softshells and great striped bass fishing and the original
St. Mary's Colony which includes two replica 17th-century sailing ships.
And if I could take you all with me it'd be great.

But I can't, so it kinda sucks.

Now bear in mind, if I get swept off my feet by some hot MILFionairess with
a 500-acre horse farm and a yacht, I'm not coming back.

So you can probably expect that I'll be back in a few years

In the meantime you're all invited to my Emigration Wake (always wanted to
have me one of those).  It's on Friday the 12th, James McNelly's, upstairs
in the back room.  Gotta coupla table reserved starting at 7:00.  I figure
Castellan will be over and everybody'll be too tired after that to go down
to Bjornsborg.

So come hang out and say goodbye, good luck or good riddance, as seems fit.

I've lived in a lot of towns, and this is the nicest I've known.  I'm gonna
miss it.